1. The kindness of strangers.
2. Being fired, then hired, fired again, and hired shortly after.
3. Not getting a job and traveling instead.
4. Driving up through CA to OR and back down again, listening to Marilyn Manson and My Chemical Romance on blast.
5. Rupaul’s Drag Race.
6. Removing myself from toxic relationships and environments.
7. Realizing who was important.
8. Moving to an area I’d loved forever and living with strangers from Craigslist.
9. The beach at night.
10. Petting every dog.
11. Window seats on planes.
12. Charles Bukowski’s grave.
13. The Flaming Lips on Halloween.
14. Perfecting my movie theatre drunk.
15. Men with nice hair.
16. Vegan for over a year.
17. Arms around my waist, warm breath on the back of my neck.
18. Growing out my hair and cutting it all off again.
19. Replacing bad memories of Simi Valley with good ones.
20. Discovering John Fante, my love for San Francisco BART rides at night, jazz in dark clubs.